Spring is all about new beginnings - with a new month (hello April!), a new season, and a fresh new start, I thought I'd share with you my goals for the next couple of months (and beyond).
1. Learn how to style wigs like a drag queen: A very specific goal, I know. As some of you know, Ali and I are going to DragCon LA in May and we will be in drag (as queens, not kings) all three days! I’m going to learn how to style our wigsandgrace.com hair to perfection! I’ve already watched a bunch of tutorials by various drag queens, and I’m excited to get to work.
2. Stay in shape post-show: Beauty and the Beast, plus a super fun dance cardio class I take once a week, is finally getting me back in shape! But once the show ends, I don’t want to fall back into old habits. I’m going to try to work out at home once or twice a week (in addition to the cardio class).
3. Spend more time outside: I love being out in nature, but I rarely do because I’m either at home, a photoshoot, or a rehearsal. I’m going to do my best to have more time outside, whether that ends up being through walking dogs, going to our local park that has a lake and lots of trails, or just sitting out on the patio.
4. Balance self care, rehearsals, and time with Ali: I have two shows in a row (the last show of Beauty and the Beast is the day before the first rehearsal of Present Laughter), and the second show overlaps with my main summer job (teaching music and dance to kids at an incredible musical theatre summer program). I essentially have no time off until the week of July fourth. But I’m going to take every opportunity I can to take care of myself and spend purposeful time with Ali (not only sitting on the couch, as nice as that is).
5. Take more photography classes: Even though it’s busy season for photographers, I want to carve out some time to take online photography classes in areas where I’m not as confident! I love creativelive.com; they have classes in all sorts of creative fields (not just photography) and they range from the basics to very high-level specific techniques.
6. Be more active on aliandjenni.com! Yes, March was kind of a fail in the blog department, with only one post the entire month. Both Ali and I love to write, but we’ve been so busy it’s ended up on the back burner. But I’m aiming to have a new blog post every 10 days or so for at least the next two months!
What are your goals for this spring? Let us know in the comments or on our Instagram, instagram.com/ali_and_jenni!