My parents and I have gone to San Diego every couple of years since I graduated high school. This year we're going in July, and it's our first time bringing Ali! It's partly to celebrate our birthdays a little early (Ali is August 6th and I'm August 9th), and partly to take a much needed vacation. We're beginning to make plans... so here are some of the activities we're most excited for:
1. Staying at Hotel Del Coronado: We always stay at this insanely gorgeous resort on Coronado Island. The red-roofed buildings are stunning, and the spa and little shops are to die for. I can't wait to take Ali to Moo Time Creamery! We'll be spending time at the beach, trying out all the restaurants, and sitting by the pool.
2. Visiting the San Diego Zoo: We love zoos, especially ones that focus on conservation and treating their animals kindly. I haven't been to this zoo since I was very young, and I can't wait to explore it again!
3. Taking a day trip to San Diego Safari Park: The Safari Park has so many behind-the-scenes opportunities, including up close encounters with some of the animals. We can't decide which ones we want to do - there's just not enough time to do it all!
4. Seeing The Tale of Despereaux at The Old Globe: My favorite band/theatre group, Pigpen Theatre Co., has created a musical based on my favorite childhood book. I almost never reread books, but I read TTOD at least eight times when I was younger! I can't wait to see it come to life.
5. Taking a ton of pictures! We want to find murals, cute photo spots, and hidden places to take photos to keep as memories after our trip is over. We're also doing a photoshoot with Christina Marie Photography and we're so excited!
Message us on Instagram or comment below any must-see things in San Diego!